1. Booking Terms & Conditions:
You acknowledge and agree:
- 1.1. That Council of the City of Gold Coast’s Local Law No. 7 (Council Property) 2008 and Subordinate Local Law 7.5 (Public dive precincts) 2021 regulates access to and use of Wonder Reef and specifies restrictions to minimise harm to human health and safety and to protect and promote Wonder Reef and associated marine life.
- 1.2. That you and the persons nominated in the booking will comply with any and all conditions in a dive precinct permit (Permit), and that those conditions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.3. That each person nominated in a booking, will be taken to have made a Permit application and in so doing each person is taken to be the holder of the Permit if granted.
- 1.4. That Permits are valid between the times allocated on the Permit. The vessel must depart the dive mooring prior to expiry of the Permit, along with all divers and non-divers.
- 1.5. That a maximum of 10 divers can be nominated per booking.
- 1.6. That a minimum of 2 divers are required to be nominated per booking, as a dive buddy is necessary at Wonder Reef.
- 1.7. That a minimum of 1 non-diver (observer) is required, as at least 1 non-diver is required to remain on the vessel at all times as a vessel is not permitted to be left unattended at the public mooring.
- 1.8. That you and the persons nominated in the booking acknowledge that the public mooring is not attached to Wonder Reef and as such will be required to swim 50-111 metres (depending on conditions and boat size) one way to reach Wonder Reef.
- 1.9. That the use of the public mooring is restricted to vessels less than 25m in length.
- 1.10. That only one vessel is permitted to use the public mooring at any one time and that vessel must be detailed in the booking.
- 1.11. That the moored vessel must be entirely within the Wonder Reef precinct.
- 1.12. That the vessel nominated in the booking must only use the Public Mooring. (yellow in colour)
- 1.13. That no anchoring or fishing is permitted within the Wonder Reef precinct. It is an offence to remove or damage marine life including, but not limited to, fish, net, spear, kill or remove marine life.
- 1.14. That no attachment of or removal of artefacts within the Wonder Reef precinct is permitted without the prior express consent of Council it is an offence to remove, damage, deface or interfere with items associated with Wonder Reef including reef structures, moorings, navigational aids, signage, and any other artefacts attached to Wonder Reef.
- 1.15. That all vessels used in the conduct of the permitted activity must observe the speed limit of 5 knots within the Wonder Reef precinct.
- 1.16. That you and the persons nominated in the booking, that are diving at Wonder Reef, have a current and effective industry recognised SCUBA diving qualification, are trained in safe dive practices and are in good mental and physical fitness to scuba dive.
- 1.17. Freediving is strictly prohibited at the public mooring at Wonder Reef.
Express Assumption of Risk
- 1.17. That you and the persons nominated in the booking thoroughly understand the hazards of scuba diving including those hazards occurring during boat travel to and from the Wonder Reef site.
- 1.18. That by participating in a potentially dangerous activity (diving and boating) that you and the persons nominated in the booking are assuming all associated risk including, but not limited to, drowning, heart attack, sun stroke, sun burn, air expansion injuries, decompression sickness, embolism or other hyperbaric injuries that require treatment in a recompression chamber; slipping or falling while on board a boat, being cut or struck by a boat or Wonder Reef while in the water, injuries occurring while getting on or off a boat, and other perils of the sea; all of which can result in serious injury or death.
- 1.19. That the Wonder Reef site is not suitable for inexperienced divers and intending divers have reviewed the Wonder Reef Diver Safety Plan and must satisfy themselves that they have an appropriate level of training, certification and experience to undertake the planned dive.
Release, Indemnity and Waiver
- 1.20. That you and the persons nominated in the booking release and forever discharge Council of the City of Gold Coast and the State of Queensland from all liability and claims that you and or the persons nominated in the booking may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with the person’s entry to and use of the Wonder Reef precinct and that this represents a legal release and discharge of legal responsibility in favour of Council of the City of Gold Coast and the State of Queensland and is provided in consideration for the Permit purchased.
- 1.21. That each person entering the Wonder Reef precinct indemnifies and holds harmless Council of the City of Gold Coast and the State of Queensland against all liability, loss, costs and expenses, arising from or in connection with the person’s entry to and use of the Wonder Reef precinct (including but not limited to personal injury or property damage or loss).
- 1.22. That if you and the persons nominated in the booking suffer harm doing any of the Activities, you and the persons nominated in the booking will not hold Council of the City of Gold Coast and the State of Queensland legally responsible for any injuries suffered. That you and the persons nominated in the booking will not sue Council of the City of Gold Coast and the State of Queensland, for any claims, costs, medical expenses, damages or liabilities that you and the persons nominated in the booking have suffered.
- 1.23. That you warrant that you are authorised to make the booking and apply for the Permit for and on behalf of each person named in the booking and the application is made with each person’s full knowledge and consent.
- 1.24. That by making a booking you warrant that you have read, understood and provide your consent to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions and you warrant that each person nominated in the booking has provided you with their express consent to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- 1.25. That the laws of Queensland and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Queensland Courts apply in relation to these Terms and Conditions.
2. Permit Fees
- 2.1. A fee of $25.00 per diver applies. This includes merchant and booking fees. The permit fee does not attract GST.
- 2.2. Non-divers (observers) are free of charge.
- 2.3. Fees are charged in AUD and any refund to be given in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be paid in AUD. Any currency fluctuation that takes place in the meantime is at your risk and will not be reimbursed by the City of Gold Coast.
3. Booking Process
- 3.1. Bookings for the public mooring at Wonder Reef can be made at any time via www.wonderreef.com.au.
- 3.2. Reservations for permits will be held for 20 minutes. If the customer does not proceed through to booking confirmation within 20 minutes the reservation will expire.
- 3.3. A booking must be accompanied by the following details regarding the vessel and persons accessing the Wonder Reef precinct:
- 3.3.1. the vessel name;
- 3.3.2. the vessel registration number;
- 3.3.3. the total number of persons on board;
- 3.3.4. the total number of persons on board who will be entering the water in the Wonder Reef precinct;
- 3.3.5. the name, residential address, email address and contact phone number of the person making the booking and submitting the application for the Permit;
- 3.3.6. the following details for each person who will be entering the public dive precinct under the Permit:
- (i) the person’s name; and
- (ii) identification of whether the person will be entering the water in the public dive precinct.
4. Cancellation and Refunds
- 4.1. In the event the site has been closed by the City of Gold Coast due to weather extremes, or for any other reason, a refund will be provided with no administration fees.
- 4.2. In the event of a permit cancellation requested by the customer, a refund can be provided if the cancellation is made on the booking website at least 24 hours prior to the permit start date and time. Booking cancellations requested by the customer attract a $1.00 administration fee per diver.
- 4.3. Bookings can be moved to different dates and times free of charge where the booking is not within 24 hours of the permit start date and time.
- 4.4. No credit vouchers will be issued.
- 4.5. Booking cancellations within 24 hours of the permit start date and time will not be eligible for a refund unless extenuating circumstances apply. Extenuating circumstances may be put forward requesting a refund and justification for the request and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for a refund must be submitted within 28 days of the end of the permit end date and time period.